Friday, March 29, 2019

Sightseeing Day

3/29/19

Today we got to visit some sights around Dallas.  We visited the Stockyards in Fort Worth, where rodeo was born.  We saw some Texas longhorns and ate BBQ.  Then we checked out Dealey Plaza in downtown Dallas where JFK was assassinated.  We stopped at a fancy mall and enjoyed each other's fellowship while eating at the food court and doing a little shopping.  We finished the day with a time of praising the Lord together and prayer.  It has been a full and amazing week!


Stockyards






Horsing around

Jacob and Raina at the Stockyards
Diana stylin'

Team at the Stockyards

JFK Memorial

At Dealey Plaza



From Denae:
Over the week, I've seen a lot of things, some encouraging and others depressing. At the temples and Mosque, it was so sad to think that these people have dedicated their whole lives to a religion that won't save them in the end. It made me feel so helpless, thinking about millions of people that have followed this religion, only to die without accepting Jesus. On a happier note, I was given a great ministering moment when a little muslim girl asked me to explain salvation to her. It was so fun playing with all the kids and showing them the love of Christ.

Denae sharing the Good News!

From Paul:
My mission trip has not been a typical trip.  It started with hearing loss (barotrauma) before the trip that got worse as we arrived to Dallas.  I've spent the week seeing providers and being treated with medications and hyperbaric oxygen therapy.  I had the opportunity to meet the director of the center and discuss its medical uses.  Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a viable treatment for concussion which is a large part of my medical practice.  Maybe this will be an opportunity to use this treatment in Great Falls!  I spend two hours a day in a chamber, which I tell the group is like being in a glass bug jar. I've been able to do activities with the group, but it appears my "trip" was to experience this treatment and learn more about it.
I have been very impressed and encouraged with our FCCS students, during their time here in Dallas.  They have been a real delight and blessing to the community.  They have played with the children and young adults and have certainly not wasted an opportunity to witness and love on the people.  FCCS should be proud on how well everyone has represented the school and done lots for the kingdom!


Paul shooting hoops at Northwest Comm. Center


Team pic with Laila, Sarah and Trek-X staff (Amber & Billie)

Fun in the neighborhood






No comments:

Post a Comment